Download Text Fiction Apk File
Bored of runner games? Tired of farming coins? Ready for entertainment that focus on depth and story instead of mindless and repetitive button mashing? Want a "on the go" game that resistant against interruptions?
Then welcome to the world of Interactive Fiction (aka Text Adventures)! Here every game is a story waiting to unfold as you guide your alter ego by texting where to go and what to do next.
Text Fiction is a Z-Machine story interpreter (aka terp) with a modern, SMS style user interface for playing Z-Code games like the famous Zork triology. Hundreds of free stories, ranging from fantasy over horror to science fiction are available for download.
* Plays z3, z5 and z8 games (may be wrapped in zblorb)
* Unique, instant messanger like user interface
* Configurable quick command keys to cut down on typing (long press to modify).
* Copy&Paste words to the prompt from the chat bubbles by tapping them
* Clear words from the prompt by double tapping a chatbubble.
* Nightmode ("Lucy" / "Mina" colorscheme)
* Stories can be read out loud via TTS engine (long touch a bubble to start, touch to stop).
* Ability to customize font and fontsize.
* Touch sensitive borders/corners for moving in the designated cardinal direction (may be fiddly on small screens).
* Saving/Restoring from the menu (will NOT work via commands).
This app is free and open source software. For more information, sideloading options or to leave a tip, please visit my website.
FAQ (please don't abuse the reviews as a support forum!):
Q: How do I save/restore a game?
A: Press the "Plus" button to bring up the menu. Save/restore commands won't work
Q: Do I loose my progress when going back to the libary?
A: No! Whenever you leave the story screen, the game performs an auto save. It does not, however, perform an autorestore when you return (leaving the game is suppose to be a reset).
Q: Why is the story output erased when I restore a game?
A: When you restore a game, you move to another part of the story. Why should you see story output that no longer applies?
Q: Can I change the command buttons?
A: Yes! just write something in the commandline, then long press a button to modify it.
Q: Can I write my own stories?
A: Yes! The authoring tool of choice can be found here: http://inform7.com
Q: Why does my bluetooth keyboard repeat the enter key?
A: Text Fiction comes free of charge. Unfortunately, this means no budget for buying troublesome hardware in order to check the problem out.
Q: Will a 1* rating convince you to change the app according to my whims?
A: Go kiss a Grue